Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/09/18 02:15:06 UTC

Git clone of Apache Cocoon at GitHub

Hi,

This is just a quick message to let you know what's happening. Last night I've pushed Jukka
Zitting's clone[1] of Apache Cocoon to GitHub[2]. This is a small part of the activity happening
around Git at Apache discussed at infrastructure-dev mailing list (which is public btw).

This repository is highly experimental and I give no guarantees on its quality or status (being in
sync with svn repository, etc.). The idea is to experiment with Git workflows and investigate areas
where Git looks like superior tool over Subversion (believe me, in most areas it's superior).

If you are interested in this effort you may start with blog post by Assaf[3] which outlines tiny
fraction of reasons for Git excitement in Apache-centric settlement.

The last thing is to ask people if they have no problem with *full* copy of Apache Cocoon repository
floating over GitHub. I hope you don't.

[1] http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/git-clones-of-apache-codebases/
[2] http://github.com/gkossakowski/apache-cocoon/tree
[3] http://blog.labnotes.org/2008/04/30/git-forking-for-fun-and-profit/

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Hey Greg

Posted by Harald Entner <Ha...@workflow.at>.
Hi Greg,

i just read a message on the cocoon mailing list. have you already been to
greece ? or are you leaving soon ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Harald

--