Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Gabriel Malik <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/25 18:51:32 UTC

Runtime problem getting Calculator sample to work

Hi,

I'm trying to get the sample CalculatorDoc to work.  Both C# client and C++
server code are generated from the CalculatorDoc.wsdl. (please see below for
details)  Both builds went successfully. However, when I run the client,
calling all the methods, namely add, sub, mul and div, they all return zero,
but using tcpMon I can see that the answers are correct in the SOAP
messages.  Did I miss any setup procedure?  This sounds like a
deserialization problem on the C# client side, do I need to do anything
special?

Server:
Axis C++ 1.5 (Final)

Client:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 (C#)
.NET Framework 1.1 SP1

and I also tried (with the same result)

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (C#)
.NET Framework 2.0

Thank you in advance,
Gabe Malik

Re: Runtime problem getting Calculator sample to work

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Have you tried any of the following, which may aid in understanding the
exact problem:
- Testing with an Axis C++ client?
- Testing against a C# server?  -- and comparing the SOAP/HTTP messages for
any differences
- Using the latest Axis C++ 1.6 Beta -- it's has had a lot of stability and
memory improvements since 1.5 final, in addition to a number of other fixes
and some new function.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)