Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Mutsaers <pe...@mutsaers.com> on 2001/09/24 12:06:18 UTC

4.0-B7 versus 4.0-release classlib problem

Hello,

For a few days I posted this on tomcat-user (no answers). I have
"solved" the problem described below without exactly knowing why it
worked. I believe this may be a bug in 4.0-release (compared to
4.0-B7) which is why I am submitting it on this list. Maybe one of the
experts can have a look and decide what's the cause.

The oracle JDBC driver wouldn't load in any of the 4.0-release
classloaders, except maybe for the webappclassloader which I didn't
try. The error was :

java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/sql/PooledConnection violates loader constraints
        at ctool.common.ConnectionCache.(ConnectionCache.java:93)

I tried with or without -security, with -security to use a policy that
allowed anything (verified with java.security.debug=all) but no
improvement. With 4.0-B7 no problem occurred.

This driver is delivered in a .zip file (classes12.zip). Somehow I got
the idea to rename it into classes12.jar. Then the problem was gone.

It is as if the new classloaders don't like files that are named .zip
ISO .jar (even when the renamed .zip->.jar in fact still is a zip
file).

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Dübendorf    | UNIX - Live free or die
plm@gmx.li      |  Switzerland  | Sent via FreeBSD 4.3-stable