Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/09/07 19:22:54 UTC

javadoc

Hi,

How do I generate javadoc for api20?

-- Michelle

Re: javadoc

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org>.
> How do I generate javadoc for api20?

How about
maven javadoc

--
Andy

Re: javadoc

Posted by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

I would love to do that. I am just going to outline issues which i
faced/am facing as a newcomer to the project . If all of you can fill in
the details, that would be a great great help.

Thanks. :)

--
Karan Singh

Re: javadoc

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Karan,

The concept of a HowTo is really good. If you write an outline we can
fill it out and publish it. I'd think this belongs on the site. What
do you think?

Craig

On Sep 7, 2005, at 3:47 PM, karan malhi wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> The first thing i would like to suggest is a quick How-To. How to
> run tests, how and when to run tests offline, what are the various
> configuration files and their significance, when do you need to
> invoke installSchema, how to see generated sql and logging
> information, how to integrate an IDE using mevenide, what is the
> current focus of the main committers of the project. The goal of
> this document is that people should be able to read this How-To/
> First-Steps document and immediately get a feel of the project and
> not search for basic information about maven or about the project
> itself. Even though i myself am not clear on so many things in this
> project, i guess have such a document and an active contribution to
> its development will definitely attract more developers.
>
> Craig Russell wrote:
>

>> Hi Karan,
>>
>> I think it makes sense to migrate some of the wiki information to
>> the jdo site. We start with discussions on the wiki but once the
>> information has stabilized, it should be moved to the site.
>>
>> We looked at having Maven generate the site but it only does part
>> of the job and there is a bunch of stuff that isn't very interesting.
>>
>> I know we need to improve the site; it would be great if you as a
>> newcomer to the project could suggest specific things to do.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2005, at 1:02 PM, karan malhi wrote:
>>

>>> What about the documentation on the incubator.apache.org/jdo
>>> website. Maven could generate a lot of stuff for that too. Could
>>> we think about moving some stuff from the wiki to the
>>> documentation on the incubator site. The reason is that there is
>>> a lot of good information on the wiki, but some of the links are
>>> orphaned and many other pages are really hard to find (it was
>>> very difficult for me in the beginning).

>>> --
>>> Karan Singh
>>>

>> Craig Russell

>> jdo
>>
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>

> --
> Karan Singh

Craig Russell

Re: javadoc

Posted by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Craig,

--
Karan Singh

Re: javadoc

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Karan,

I think it makes sense to migrate some of the wiki information to the
jdo site. We start with discussions on the wiki but once the
information has stabilized, it should be moved to the site.

We looked at having Maven generate the site but it only does part of
the job and there is a bunch of stuff that isn't very interesting.

I know we need to improve the site; it would be great if you as a
newcomer to the project could suggest specific things to do.

Thanks,

Craig

On Sep 7, 2005, at 1:02 PM, karan malhi wrote:

> What about the documentation on the incubator.apache.org/jdo
> website. Maven could generate a lot of stuff for that too. Could we
> think about moving some stuff from the wiki to the documentation on
> the incubator site. The reason is that there is a lot of good
> information on the wiki, but some of the links are orphaned and
> many other pages are really hard to find (it was very difficult for
> me in the beginning).
>
> Craig Russell wrote:
>

>> Good idea. Javadoc for api packages is an important part of the
>> functionality.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Michael Bouschen wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Michelle,

>>> Yes, I think this makes sense for the api11 and api20.
>>>
>>> Regards Michael

>>> --
>>> Michael Bouschen        Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH
>>> mailto:mbo.tech@spree.de    http://www.tech.spree.de/
>>> Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33        Buelowstr. 66            Fax.:+
>>> +49/30/2175 2012        D-10783 Berlin
>>>

>> Craig Russell

>> jdo
>>
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>

> --
> Karan Singh

Craig Russell

Re: javadoc

Posted by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karan Singh

Re: javadoc

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Re: javadoc

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Michelle,

Re: javadoc

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.

Re: javadoc

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Michelle,

Re: javadoc

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Michelle,

There is a builtin maven goal "javadoc". Change dir to api20 and
maven javadoc.

I hadn't known this before you asked...

Craig

On Sep 7, 2005, at 10:22 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I generate javadoc for api20?
>
> -- Michelle

Craig Russell