Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2016/02/11 17:18:14 UTC

Where to start?

I expect to complete my "Building on Windows" project in the next day or
so, by documenting the results in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7

That means it is time to pick another project. Any suggestions?

Here is a brief resume:

Education:

B.Sc. Mathematics, Imperial College London, 1970
M.Sc. Computer Science, Birkbeck College London University, 1975
Ph.D. Computer Science, UC San Diego, 2009

Work:

I worked from 1970 to 2002 for NCR, Celerity, FPS, Cray Research, and
Sun Microsystems. I worked on application software, operating systems,
compilers, system performance, and server platform architecture. I was
performance architect for the Sun E10000 and 15K.

Unfortunately, my professional end-user applications development
experience was writing programs that expected punch card or paper tape
input. More recently, I have written computer performance models in C++
and Java, and did simulations in Java for my dissertation research.

Although my C++ experience is rusty and predates widespread availability
of the STL, I should be able to get it up to date relatively easily. I
have used templates and operator overloading.

Re: Where to start?

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Thanks - I got used to openoffice being the default, and then sent
several messages to river.

Re: Where to start?

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patricia

Re: Where to start?

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Apologies for sending this to the wrong list. I think the best thing I
can do right now for River is to be a technically-neutral moderator for
the River futures discussion.