Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Rob Audenaerde <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/28 11:33:03 UTC

wicket datatable, row selection, update another component

Hi all,

I have a DataTable which, in onConfigure(), sets a selected item. I want
another (detail) panel, outside of this component, to react on that
selection i.e. set it's visibility and render details of the selected item.

What I see is that the onConfigure() of the detail component is called
BEFORE the DataTable, so I figure it renders before the DataTable is
rendered, so the detail.setVisible() in the onConfigure() in the DataTable
is called too late.

How should I solve this? The only component that know which item is going
to be selected is the DataTable.

Thanks,
Rob

Re: wicket datatable, row selection, update another component

Posted by Rob Audenaerde <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Martin, I ended up with doing something like this, but then using
events so the components don't need to know each other.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,