Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2011/12/08 20:27:53 UTC

Plugin Bundle

Hey folks,

I wanted to kick off a discussion and maybe motivate someone to actually do something about our plugins :)

What are we missing to release them?

* At least rudimentary documentation must exist
* They need to work with our latest stable server.
* Fix Licenses in files, include into RAT reports

We can also release -unstable versions of the plugins in any case, it would make a great deal of sense to branch according to APIs

In http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1212034
I've now added a global Makefile.

The following plugins contain no Makefile of their own:

* balancer
* combo_handler
* esi
* stale_while_revalidate

That leaves us with

* buffer_upload
* hipes

both of which fail because GCC 4.6

That's all from my side so far! Take care,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: Plugin Bundle

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

--
Nick Kew

Re: Plugin Bundle

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
> The following plugins contain no Makefile of their own:
>
> * balancer
> * combo_handler
> * esi
> * stale_while_revalidate
>
> That leaves us with
>
> * buffer_upload
> * hipes
>
> both of which fail because GCC 4.6

That wasn't quite entirely true, but, anyway, after adding Makefiles
and doing some s/INK/TS/g we're now

* balancer
* combo_handler
* hipes

A very interesting case is combo_handler: It fails because it's
missing the stuff from esi/lib

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883