Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kal Govindu <Ka...@waterfield.com> on 2004/07/01 19:50:31 UTC

LDAP - newbee help

Hello all,

I am trying to setup tomcat 5 to authenticate against Microsoft Directory Server through LDAP. I have found a very detailed document for tomcat 5 and JNDI realm. One question before I go any further: Is LDAP server a server that needs to be started separately from directory server? If so, where can I get that?

Thanks
Kal

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  All e-mail sent to or from this address will be received by the Waterfield Group corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival, monitoring, and/or review by someone other than the recipient or the sender.

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain proprietary information, which is privileged and confidential.  This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.  Thank you.