Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/03/30 00:45:07 UTC

Attach support for Maven antlib install/deploy tasks...

... is here:

      http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-42

I found this issue was related:

     http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTTASKS-21

But the attached patches don't really have anything todo with
attaching, only appears to add support to add a type + classifier
information.

  * * *

I updated the sample.build.xml to have tests for install/deploy w/
attached.  Seems to work fine, I used the maven-2.0.6 tag to pick up
the 2.0.6 artifacts, so it should be compatible with the upcoming
Maven 2.0.6 release.

The test targets look like (just created a dummy file to represent
the .asc to be attached):

----8<----
<target name="test-deploy-attached" depends="initTaskDefs">
     <echo message="test" file="${basedir}/target/sample-build-
test.pom.asc"/>

     <artifact:deploy file="sample-build-test.pom">
         <pom file="sample-build-test.pom" />
         <remoteRepository refid="deploy.repository" />
         <attach file="${basedir}/target/sample-build-test.pom.asc"
type="pom.asc"/>
     </artifact:deploy>
</target>

<target name="test-install-attached" depends="initTaskDefs">
     <echo message="test" file="${basedir}/target/sample-build-
test.pom.asc"/>

     <artifact:install file="sample-build-test.pom">
         <pom file="sample-build-test.pom" />
         <localRepository refid="local.repository"/>
         <attach file="${basedir}/target/sample-build-test.pom.asc"
type="pom.asc"/>
     </artifact:install>
</target>

Please take a look.  I think this will help some projects, like
Tomcat, get their Ant projects up and going with deployment to the
ASF m2 repos, which now require .asc files along with checksums.

--jason