Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca> on 2004/03/08 00:56:12 UTC

Spam on tomcat-user?

I mailed a note to tomcat-user a little while ago and got this reply within
a few minutes; it uses my subject line but the body of the note is some spam
about Harry Potter, in German.

My guess is that someone has a program monitoring the mailing list which
sends out a piece of spam every time someone sends a note to the list. I've
got a good firewall and I'm very careful about opening attachments so I'm
fairly sure this didn't originate with any virus at my end.

I don't know if there is anything the list administrators can do about this
but I'd like to let them know about this. What's the best way to do that?

Rhino

Posted by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca>.
I posted about 6:15 PM EST and got the spam about 6:30 PM EST.

Rhino

Re: Spam on tomcat-user?

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Rhino,

Re: Spam on tomcat-user?

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Highlight the message in the list. Then right click and select properties.
Select the details tab. Then select view source (easier to work with). You
can then do a cut and paste.

Re: Spam on tomcat-user?