Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/15 14:11:45 UTC

[ACS44] non-blocking issue CLOUDSTACK-6036 CloudStack stops the machine for no reason

Tomasz, Damodar,

The issue mentioned seems to be a timing issue. It must be a corner
case as only two users mention it and Ryan seems to have a work
around. I appriciate the nature of the issue being a bug but it seems
to be not a blocker for the release.

Can you concur?

--
Daan

Re: [ACS44] non-blocking issue CLOUDSTACK-6036 CloudStack stops the machine for no reason

Posted by Tomasz Zięba <t....@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I can not assess time-consuming to solve this problem.

I'm afraid that with the growing popularity of the ACS product this problem
will escalate.
Users will be more persuasive to install large installation based on the
ACS.
The fact that the machine user closes after a few minutes does not mean
that there are problems with them. In our infrastructure, we have installed
a large ERP environment, DataMining, etc. hence we observe this issue so
fast.

Back to the main thread,

I can concur that we should shift this issue to the next version.

A few thoughts:
- Maybe we should introduce a flag indicating the potential complexity of
the solution error ? I am not a developer so I don't know if this proposal
is correct.
- Notice that with the emergence of the next versions, the list of "Known
Issues" is growing.
- It seems to me that the ACS is becoming a mature product so we should
ensure both the stability of the code, and new functionality - unless, that
idea may be new branches eg CloudSand.com

> Tomasz, Damodar,
>
> The issue mentioned seems to be a timing issue. It must be a corner
> case as only two users mention it and Ryan seems to have a work
> around. I appriciate the nature of the issue being a bug but it seems
> to be not a blocker for the release.
>
> Can you concur?
>
> --
> Daan

Tomasz Zięba
Twitter: @TZieba
LinkedIn: pl.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-zięba-ph-d/3b/7a8/ab6/
<http://pl.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-zi%C4%99ba-ph-d/3b/7a8/ab6/>