Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by David Naughton <no...@mninter.net> on 2003/05/07 16:14:06 UTC

Re: libapreq on cygwin?

Following the advice of Stas, I'm re-directing my questions below from
the modperl list to this list.  In short, can anyone help me to compile
libapreq on cygwin?

Thanks!
Dave

Stas Bekman wrote:

 > David Naughton wrote:
 >
 >> I want to compile libapreq on cygwin.  A search of various archives,
including for this list, turns up little except "it's impossible" or
"it's possible but extremely difficult", along with terse hints about
building a library to import symbols from the apache executable.  Is it
possible?  If so, can anyone provide more detail?

 >> For what I want to do, the most relevant message from this list is
from Daniel Fisher, about ultimately wanting to run AxKit under cygwin:

http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/ghurkalvon/3CE3560C.3050307@webslingerz.com

 >> Daniel, if you're still on this list, were you ever able to do that?
  If so, how?

Re: libapreq on cygwin?

Posted by David Naughton <no...@mninter.net>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> David Naughton <no...@mninter.net> writes:
>

>>Following the advice of Stas, I'm re-directing my questions below from
>>the modperl list to this list.  In short, can anyone help me to compile
>>libapreq on cygwin?
>

> I'm not familiar with cygwin, but if the standard mantra
>
>   % perl Makefile.PL
>   % make && make install
>
> doesn't work for you,

If only it did!

> I'd recommend trying to mimic the installation
> instructions written in INSTALL.MacOSX.  If some variation of those
> instructions turns out to work, we can put that info in INSTALL.cygwin.

Thanks for the tip.  At first I didn't see the MacOSX file, because

   perl -MCPAN -e 'install Apache::libapreq'

gives me libapreq-0.31.  Like an idiot, I didn't notice it until you
mentioned MacOSX.  I downloaded 1.1 from
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/libapreq/, and now I see it.

Statically compiling libapreq into apache promises to be much easier
than what I was trying to do.  I'll give it a shot and let you know what
  happens.

Thanks again!
Dave

Re: libapreq on cygwin?

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
David Naughton <no...@mninter.net> writes:

> Following the advice of Stas, I'm re-directing my questions below from
> the modperl list to this list.  In short, can anyone help me to compile
> libapreq on cygwin?

I'm not familiar with cygwin, but if the standard mantra

  % perl Makefile.PL
  % make && make install

doesn't work for you, I'd recommend trying to mimic the installation

--
Joe Schaefer