Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <rg...@dslextreme.com> on 2003/06/03 01:43:44 UTC

Cocoon usage

I am proposing that Cocoon be used in the project I am working on.  My boss wants some assurance that he isn't jumping off a cliff by agreeing to this - although the rest of my development team is convinced.  He would like answers to a couple of questions:
1. What "big" companies are using Cocoon in production?  (I've seen the Cocoon links and am not sure which ones would qualify).
2. What kind of performance are they getting?
3. If we wanted to who could we purchase a support contract from to provide support for Cocoon?  I've already looked at the code and am quite sure we could do it ourselves, but I'd like to provide him with options.

Thanks,

Ralph

Re: Cocoon usage

Posted by Lajos <la...@galatea.com>.
Hi Ralph -

I personally know of Cocoon being used at Sun (my client, actually), P &
G and CA. I can give you more info on the first, if you are interested.

My own company, Galatea IS Inc., offers commercial support for Cocoon. I
actually package Cocoon with Apache and Tomcat, in a product called Az,
and have support packages available. The production release of Az 2.0,
coindicentally, is next Monday. If you are interested, please contact me
directly.

Regards,

Lajos
Galatea IS
800.711.4901
lajos@galatea.com

--

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL