Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/08 07:01:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Tuning the number of connections and processes

Hello
When I count the number of apache2 processes, I get about 151, but when I check the number of connections, I get about 208 connections. I want to know if there is any relation between these two. Also, isn't 151 processes low? We have 32GB of RAM with 10 cores. We want to have a support for about 1000 users online, refreshing web pages at specific times. It is actually online exams on our Moodle web site.

# netstat -ntu | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq -c | sort -n | wc -l
208

# ps -A | grep apache | wc -l
151

Regards,