Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Deepa Remesh <dr...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 19:07:02 UTC

JIRA popular issues tab does not show all issues with a vote

Hi,

I was looking at the popular issues tab in JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:popularissues-panel)
Some of the issues I voted for (e.g. DERBY-210) does not show up in
this tab. The heading for the tab mentions this:

Popular Issues
(shows the unresolved issues sorted by number of votes, with fix-for versions)

But I see issues without fix-for versions are also getting displayed
in the tab. So that does not seem to be a reason why the issues I
voted for are not showing up. It seems to me there is a limit to the
number of issues displayed on the page.

Can someone please take a look at this ?

Thanks,
Deepa

Re: JIRA popular issues tab does not show all issues with a vote

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 4/27/06, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
> > <>I think it only displays the top 50. I'm guessing that in our case it
> > fills out the list to 50 with whatever the first issues retrieved from
> > the database with 1 vote happen to be.
> >
> It would be great to have finer granularity on the vote reporting.  In
> addition to wanting  to see all the issues that have votes, I would like
> to see just the popular bugs  for the 10.1.3 page links.

Bring up the 10.1.3 open code bugs filter, add the vote column to your
issue navigator, then sort the vote column.

Not as good as being able to query directly against the vote tally,
but better than nothing.

Querying vote totals directly has been requested:
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6715

andrew

Re: JIRA popular issues tab does not show all issues with a vote

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> <>I think it only displays the top 50. I'm guessing that in our case it
> fills out the list to 50 with whatever the first issues retrieved from
> the database with 1 vote happen to be.

It would be great to have finer granularity on the vote reporting.  In
addition to wanting  to see all the issues that have votes, I would like
to see just the popular bugs  for the 10.1.3 page links.

Katehy

Re: JIRA popular issues tab does not show all issues with a vote

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.