Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sa...@t-systems.com on 2004/03/11 15:24:11 UTC

AW: How to submit form in pop-up window and forward parent result s page?

Hello bOOyah,

I have had the same problem that you describe. Were you able to solve it?. If so could you share how you did it?

Sam

Posted by Guido GarcĂ­a Bernardo <gg...@itdeusto.com>.
Your "editItem" action, when the update is finished, forwards to
"autoCloseAndReloadOpener.jsp"

autoCloseAndReloadOpener.jsp does steps (5) and (6):

    <script>
       // Reload opener
       opener.formReload.submit(); // or something like this, using "opener"
    </scrip>

I have not tried it...
Regards
PD. This is not struts related.

Posted by bOOyah <bo...@nowhere.org>.
Samuel.Opoku-Boadu@t-systems.com wrote:

> Hello bOOyah,
>
> I have had the same problem that you describe. Were you able to solve it?. If so could you share how you did it?
>
> Sam

Hi Sam

The closest help I've received yet was from Anirudh Jayanth who said:

8<--------------------------------------------------

The javascript for the submit in the popup window could
be something like this

opener.parent.document.forms[0].action="Action.do";
opener.parent.document.forms[0].submit();

I haven't had a chance to try that out but it looks promising.  I don't
think it will also close the pop-up window though.

Kind regards,
--
bOOyah