Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/12 10:08:14 UTC

My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide

Hi Al,,

Following the threads in spark forum, I decided to write up on
configuration of Spark including allocation of resources and configuration
of driver, executors, threads, execution of Spark apps and general
troubleshooting taking into account the allocation of resources for Spark
applications and OS tools at the disposal.

Since the most widespread configuration as I notice is with "Spark
Standalone Mode", I have decided to write these notes starting with
Standalone and later on moving to Yarn

   -

   *Standalone *– a simple cluster manager included with Spark that makes
   it easy to set up a cluster.
   -

   *YARN* – the resource manager in Hadoop 2.

I would appreciate if anyone interested in reading and commenting to get in
touch with me directly on mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com so I can send the
write-up for their review and comments.

Just to be clear this is not meant to be any commercial proposition or
anything like that. As I seem to get involved with members troubleshooting
issues and threads on this topic, I thought it is worthwhile writing a note
about it to summarise the findings for the benefit of the community.

Regards.

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide

Posted by Abi <an...@gmail.com>.
Please include me too

Posted by Cesar Flores <ce...@gmail.com>.
Please sent me to me too !

Thanks ! ! !

Cesar Flores

--
Cesar Flores

Re: My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide

Posted by Femi Anthony <fe...@gmail.com>.
Please send it to me as well.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Raghavendra Pandey <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Ellis <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alonso Isidoro <al...@gmail.com>.
Me too, send me the guide.

Posted by Ashok Kumar <as...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dr Mich,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide

Posted by rakesh sharma <ra...@hotmail.com>.
It would be a rare doc. Please share

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:14 AM -0700, "Natu Lauchande" <nl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Mich,

I am also interested in the write up.

Regards,
Natu

I would appreciate if anyone interested in reading and commenting to get in touch with me directly on mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com> so I can send the write-up for their review and comments.

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com<http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>

Re: My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide

Posted by Natu Lauchande <nl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mich,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
I think you can write it in gitbook and share it in user mail list then
everyone can comment on that.

Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide

Posted by Vinayak Agrawal <vi...@gmail.com>.
Please include me too.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,