Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2007/10/23 15:37:32 UTC

RE: Graduate Tuscany as a top level project

Jim Marino wrote:

> About seven months ago, BEA decided to pursue an alternative
> direction with the other active independents working on SCA
> at the time when our goals diverged from others in the community.
> Speaking for BEA, we made it clear on multiple occasions that
> while we wished Tuscany success, given the divergent interests,
> we were satisfied with our decision to participate elsewhere.
> It is unlikely we will revisit this decision in the future.

This should be a cautionary tale to communities if a project cannot serve
the interests of all its members.

	--- Noel

Re: Graduate Tuscany as a top level project

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Just one example of the community bending over back wards to
accomodate Jim and Jeremy

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg05118.html

Please search for "chianti" in the archives to get the background.
Basically the trunk was abandoned and the revolutionary "fork" was
accepted *JUST* for community reasons.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.