Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Alvaro del Castillo <ac...@bitergia.com> on 2013/05/08 08:36:41 UTC

Re: contributing the bitergia metrics tool (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc]))

Dear all,

El mié, 24-04-2013 a las 02:23 +0100, Rui Ferreira escribió:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 06:13:47PM +0200, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

> > > http://blog.bitergia.com/2013/01/02/project-analytics-integrated-into-allura/

> > > I am drawing a plan to have the full thing working so we all understand
> > > the process, the results and can discuss with a real prototype (more
> > > real than the last one) working.
> > >
> > > Ideally I will need and Allura node with "real" projects in which I can
> > > install the Metrics tools (cvsanaly, bicho and mlstats) and build the
> > > complete workflow for having statistics in those projects.
> > >
> > > I can setup an Allura node but I have no "real" projects info to play
> > > with and build a real prototype. Is it possible to have an Allura node
> > > with real projects to play with? If it is not I will try to recreate a
> > > forge with some testing data.
> > >

> Hi Roberto, thanks for the heads up.
>
> We definitely look with great interest to adding this kind of features
> to the PROSE deployment, let me know if there is any way we can help move
> this forward.

Rui, we are working in automating the full process for generating
reports for Allura projects in a forge. How many projects do you have in
PROSE? What king of source code repository are you using? Are you also
using mailing lists?

What kind of Linux distro are you using for Allura install?

> > My best guess is that the EU-funded project PROSE could be open to run such
> > a test on its brand new Allura installation. I've added Rui who is actually
> > the person taking care of that infrastructure. Since he's not subscribed to
> > this list please keep him copied for further communications.
>
> I do subscribe allura-dev, so no problem there.

Great! I will continue in this thread.

> > The reason why I mentioned PROSE infra in this context is that PROSE aims
> > to run the latest version of Allura, so coordinating on those tests could
> > be a win-win.
>
> We are not fully bleeding edge. Our instance runs on a code base
> from February. But we are looking into moving to a later version
> as soon as we get the chance.

I think we don't need bleeding edge for our metrics plugin for Allura.

Cheers

--
|\_____/| Alvaro del Castillo
 [o] [o]  acs@bitergia.com - CTO, Software Engineer
 |  V  |  http://www.bitergia.com
  |   |
-ooo-ooo-

Re: contributing the bitergia metrics tool (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Alvaro del Castillo <ac...@bitergia.com>.
Hi!

El mié, 08-05-2013 a las 09:49 +0100, Rui Ferreira escribió:
> I'm travelling so it might take a day or two to get started on this.
> Where should i pull the latest version of the Bitergia module from?

There is a branch with the code:

http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/5518/

Cheers

--
|\_____/| Alvaro del Castillo
 [o] [o]  acs@bitergia.com - CTO, Software Engineer
 |  V  |  http://www.bitergia.com
  |   |
-ooo-ooo-

Re: contributing the bitergia metrics tool (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Rui Ferreira <rf...@av.it.pt>.

Posted by Alvaro del Castillo <ac...@bitergia.com>.
Hi!

--
|\_____/| Alvaro del Castillo
 [o] [o]  acs@bitergia.com - CTO, Software Engineer
 |  V  |  http://www.bitergia.com
  |   |
-ooo-ooo-

Re: contributing the bitergia metrics tool (was Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc]))

Posted by Rui Ferreira <rf...@av.it.pt>.
Hi