Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/10 13:42:19 UTC

Replacing git.apache.org/couchdb.git (and github.com/apache/couchdb)

Hi all,

As discussed on infra-dev@ [1], I think it would make sense to replace
the current CouchDB git-svn mirror on git.apache.org and
github.com/apache with a clone of the read-write repository at
git-wip-us.apache.org. Are there any reasons why the current git-svn
mirror should be kept?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/n43val2jcyjsvjcr

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Replacing git.apache.org/couchdb.git (and github.com/apache/couchdb)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm sure the point is that since svn is not being updated, neither is
> git.apache.org's mirror or github.com's mirror.
>
> The proposal is to switch both to mirror the actual and active git repo instead.

Yes, that's what I was suggesting.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
I'm sure the point is that since svn is not being updated, neither is
git.apache.org's mirror or github.com's mirror.

The proposal is to switch both to mirror the actual and active git repo instead.

+1

B.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Jukka,

Just a note that the writable repo is based off the read-only one to
preserver commit hashes which means you should be able to just setup a
git-fetch on git.a.o.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Nov 18, 2011, at 18:47 , Paul Davis wrote:

> Jukka,
>
> Awesome! Thanks for the help.

Seconded! Thanks Jukka! :)

Cheers