Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/16 18:36:03 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by AlexDorman

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AlexDorman:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

The comment on the change is:
Ad ContextWeb link

    * We Japanese company CbIR (Content-based Information Retrieval) use Hadoop to build the image processing environment for image-based product recommendation system mainly on Amazon EC2, from April 2008.
    * Our Hadoop environment produces the original database for fast access from our web application.
    * We also uses Hadoop to analyzing similarities of user's behavior.
+
+  * [http://www.contextweb.com/ Contextweb] - ADSDAQ Ad Excange
+   * We use Hadoop to store ad serving log and use it as a source for Ad optimizations/Analytics/reporting/machine learning.
+   * Currently we have a 23 machine cluster with 184 cores and about 35TB raw storage.  Each (commodity) node has 8 cores, 8GB RAM and 1.7 TB of storage.

   * [http://www.weblab.infosci.cornell.edu/ Cornell University Web Lab]
    * Generating web graphs on 100 nodes (dual 2.4GHz Xeon Processor, 2 GB RAM, 72GB Hard Drive)