Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 06:40:16 UTC

jiras for starters

Hi, Everyone,

Quite a few people have asked in the mailing list how they can start
contributing to Kafka. I collected a list of jiras that are important and
yet relatively easy to get started. If you want to work on any of those
jiras or have any questions, simply post a comment in the jira itself.

KAFKA-201 Support for mirroring from multiple sources
KAFKA-197 Embedded consumer doesn't shut down if the server can't start
KAFKA-179 Log files always touched when broker is bounced
KAFKA-49  Add acknowledgement to the produce request.
KAFKA-198 Avoid duplicated message during consumer rebalance

Thanks,

Jun

Re: jiras for starters

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Jakob's suggestion. This really helps ramp up new contributors.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: jiras for starters

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.