Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Sandeep Kuttal <sk...@cse.unl.edu> on 2010/08/26 20:24:27 UTC

DB couch/ MY SQL

Hi All,

I am new to Couch Database. I just heard about it from a friend. Although I have used SQL a lot. So my project is as follow:

I am developing a wraper to store some metadata and json format going and coming from proxy server (I am using squid). The coding of squid is in C++. I want to save the json formats in proxy server. So what will be best to use MySQL Text field of use Couch Database.

Kindly let me know I have to select DB accordingly.

Thanks
Sandeep

Re: DB couch/ MY SQL

Posted by Zachary Zolton <za...@gmail.com>.
Sandeep,

Let's hear a little more about your scenario:

• Are you trying to log requests to/from a proxy server? Depending on
your throughput needs, you might be better served by an in-memory
database than either MySQL or CouchDB.

• Do you also mean that what ever program that uses said database
needs to be in C++? All you really need for CouchDB is a good HTTP
library anyways.

• Do you have time to learn a new database paradigm on this project?
It can take some head scratching for a while. (^_^)

Cheers,

Zach