Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/10/10 23:00:40 UTC

Re: Amazon

On 18/09/2013 Drew Jensen wrote:
> Just thought I'd touch base on this - if anyone has a contact at Amazon,
> and after the dust settles from the release, perhaps a nudge to get them to
> update their sales page to 4.0.1. It appears to still be dishing up, or at
> least promoting, 3.4.

I don't have any contacts at Amazon (and actually it seems that the
download is only available to registered users based in the US), but
indeed it would be nice to have 4.0.1 listed, OpenOffice is in their top
50 downloads. Can anyone approach them? The page to be updated is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Apache-OpenOffice-Open-Source-Download/dp/B008XAXAC4

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Re: Amazon

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info Louis.

Best wishes

Re: Amazon

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
On 2013-10-15, at 13:40 , Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It does seem to me that Don was involved in setting this up initially ..
> well, I'd CC him here and see if he might want to keep the connection
> alive, but I don't seem to have his email address handy.
>
> Anyway, as Andrea correctly points out it does only make this available in
> the USA - oh well.
>
> Thanks in advance for you time.

I contacted Henri Y. of Amazon and he told me that Don had already contacted another Amazonian about the matter and that the Amazonian had said he would bring it to the attention of the right group.

I was surprised, actually, that Don had not informed the list; but perhaps I just missed it. I was remiss in not telling you last week, here, but other things came up.

> //drew

louis

Re: Amazon

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.