Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by "Creed, Dan" <DC...@Morgridgeinstitute.org> on 2013/09/09 17:37:19 UTC

Help with getting in touch with PMC about helping make sure cloudstack code is bug/security vulnerability free.

I need some help getting in touch with the PMC.  I'm the infrastructure manager for The Morgridge Institute for Research and we are currently working on a project designing a software assurance system for opensource projects that can automatically run security static analysis and bug finding tools against Java and C++ applications.  We are getting ready to come online in January of 2014, and we need some beta testers, and as cloudstack is Java based, we would love to have cloudstack participate in our private beta.  As we are a research institute this service is going to be offered to opensource projects for free, and in fact we are a not for profit organization.

If you have any suggestions or ways in which to help me get in contact with the PMC and to open a discussion about the possibility of Cloudstack becoming one of the applications we run our software analysis tools on, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Please check out our website at http://www.cosalab.org/  for more information.

Thanks,
Daniel Creed
Morgridge Institute for Research
Infrastructure Manager
303 North Orchard St.
Madison, WI 53715
P 608-316-4699
www.morgridgeinstitute.org<http://www.morgridgeinstitute.org>
dcreed@morgridgeinstitute.org<ma...@morgridgeinstitute.org>

Daniel Creed

Re: Help with getting in touch with PMC about helping make sure cloudstack code is bug/security vulnerability free.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Hi Dan,

That's easy.  Please email security@cloudstack.apache.org.  The security
team is the right group to work with on this.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Hi Dan,

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Creed, Dan wrote:
> I need some help getting in touch with the PMC.  I'm the infrastructure
> manager for The Morgridge Institute for Research and we are currently
> working on a project designing a software assurance system for opensource
> projects that can automatically run security static analysis and bug
> finding tools against Java and C++ applications.  We are getting ready to
> come online in January of 2014, and we need some beta testers, and as
> cloudstack is Java based, we would love to have cloudstack participate in
> our private beta.  As we are a research institute this service is going
> to be offered to opensource projects for free, and in fact we are a not
> for profit organization.
>
> If you have any suggestions or ways in which to help me get in contact
> with the PMC and to open a discussion about the possibility of Cloudstack
> becoming one of the applications we run our software analysis tools on, I
> would sincerely appreciate it.

You can reach the PMC at private@cloudstack.apache.org (CC'ed), which
should be relatively easy to find by Googling. ;-)

However, this really isn't something for the PMC - it should go to the
development list, as there's no reason this needs to be a private
conversation. You can take up that conversation at
dev@cloudstack.apache.org.

Best,

jzb
--