Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by sajika12222 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/13 09:48:50 UTC

ofbiz database

Can i install ofbiz database to my local machine ....i am using microsoft OS
and mysql database server...
when i run ofbiz through command prompt it is running properly.But when
network connection is disabled it will not work properly.
Thank you very much for your consideration

Re: ofbiz database

Posted by sajika12222 <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much dear ,for my consideration.....I am a beginner for
ofbiz.....So thats mean without internet connection can i run ofbiz Sytem to
my local machine?????

Re: ofbiz database

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can run ofbiz as http://localhost:8080/ and https://localhost:8443/.
as long as the Database server is on your local machine,and ofbiz is
configured to use it yes you can run on a computer that is not connected
to the internet.

Please note: that you should use the user mailing list for question
about using ofbiz.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Mailing+Lists
Support of Users and Developers List: user@ofbiz.apache.org

sajika12222 sent the following on 7/13/2009 9:28 PM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation

Re: ofbiz database

Posted by Malin Nicolas <ma...@librenberry.net>.
sajika12222 a écrit :
> Can i install ofbiz database to my local machine ....i am using microsoft OS
> and mysql database server...
> when i run ofbiz through command prompt it is running properly.But when
> network connection is disabled it will not work properly.
> Thank you very much for your consideration

Hi sajika,

OFBiz call database by network interface. You need localhost network
interface otherwise it's impossible for OFBiz to works with Mysql database.

To valid your installation, try to contact Mysql server by localhost or
IP 127.0.0.1 . If it's works, see
framework/entity/conf/entity-engine.xml for check the mysql connection
configuration.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN