Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sam <j2...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/25 22:19:17 UTC

Password Digest implementation in CXF??

Hi guys,

In the latest usernameToken profile
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss-m/wss/v1.1.1/os/wss-UsernameTokenProfile-v1.1.1-os.html,
it specified
the password digest should be: Password_Digest = Base64 ( SHA-1 ( nonce
+ created + password ) ) .

So my question is where in CXF is this implemented?
I want to generate this digest manually for soap request.

I checked CXF source code and the closest thing I found is
DigestAuthSupplier.java, which doesn't seem to be doing password digest
according to formula above.

Thanks,
Sam

Re: Password Digest implementation in CXF??

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Oct 25, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Sam <j2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> In the latest usernameToken profile http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss-m/wss/v1.1.1/os/wss-UsernameTokenProfile-v1.1.1-os.html, it specified
> the password digest should be: Password_Digest = Base64 ( SHA-1 ( nonce + created + password ) ) .
>
> So my question is where in CXF is this implemented?

This would be down in WSS4J:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/branches/1_6_x-fixes/src/main/java/org/apache/ws/security/message/token/UsernameToken.java

Dan

--