Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/13 09:26:28 UTC

How to monitor ActiveMQ that running on JBoss

Hi,
I search from the help that to monitor the ActiveMQ we can do it from
JConsole.
I run ActiveMQ under JBoss, and I can not find the broker in JConsole.
Anyone know how to monitor ActiveMQ, I understand that we can monitor it
from JBoss' JMX-Console. But I find it is very difficult to read the
message. eg: (when I invoke browseMEssage()) :

[javax.management.openmbean.CompositeDataSupport(compositeType=javax.management.openmbean.
CompositeType(name=org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTextMessage,items=((itemName=
JMSCorrelationID,itemType=javax.management.openmbean.SimpleType(name=java.lang.String)),
(itemName=JMSDeliveryMode,itemType=javax.management.openmbean.SimpleT.................

Any information appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards,
Ferry

Re: RE : active mq on tomcat (configuration)

Posted by denez <ib...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi Suchitha Koneru,

First, thanks you for your reply ! You give me a very good explanation.
I post an other message in this list "Using ActiveMQ into Tomcat".
Could you read it and reply me if it's possible or not ?

I will try to play with your instruction below, and give feed back.
Regards,

Denez

ferry97 wrote:

> Hi Denez,
> I run in under JBoss 4.2.0 GA. I have no idea on how to run it under
> Tomcat.
> Perhaps you can post the error first, and see if I can help Regards,
> Ferry
>

> denez wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Which configuration have you made to run ActiveMQ under JBOSS ?
>> I try to run ActiveMQ under Tomcat but without success for the moment
!
>> Could you help me ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Denez
>>

>> ferry97 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I search from the help that to monitor the ActiveMQ we can do it
>>> from JConsole.
>>> I run ActiveMQ under JBoss, and I can not find the broker in
JConsole.
>>> Anyone know how to monitor ActiveMQ, I understand that we can
>>> monitor it from JBoss' JMX-Console. But I find it is very difficult
>>> to read the message. eg: (when I invoke browseMEssage()) :

[javax.management.openmbean.CompositeDataSupport(compositeType=javax.man
agement.openmbean.
>>> CompositeType(name=org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTextMessage,i
>>> tems=((itemName=
>>> JMSCorrelationID,itemType=javax.management.openmbean.SimpleType(name
>>> =java.lang.String)),

(itemName=JMSDeliveryMode,itemType=javax.management.openmbean.SimpleT...

>>> Any information appreciated.
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,

Posted by denez <ib...@yahoo.fr>.

ferry97 wrote:

> Hi Denez,
> I run in under JBoss 4.2.0 GA. I have no idea on how to run it under
> Tomcat.
> Perhaps you can post the error first, and see if I can help
> Regards,
> Ferry
>

> denez wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Which configuration have you made to run ActiveMQ under JBOSS ?
>> I try to run ActiveMQ under Tomcat but without success for the moment !
>> Could you help me ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Denez
>>

>> ferry97 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I search from the help that to monitor the ActiveMQ we can do it from
>>> JConsole.
>>> I run ActiveMQ under JBoss, and I can not find the broker in JConsole.
>>> Anyone know how to monitor ActiveMQ, I understand that we can monitor it
>>> from JBoss' JMX-Console. But I find it is very difficult to read the
>>> message. eg: (when I invoke browseMEssage()) :
>>>
>>> [javax.management.openmbean.CompositeDataSupport(compositeType=javax.management.openmbean.
>>> CompositeType(name=org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTextMessage,items=((itemName=
>>> JMSCorrelationID,itemType=javax.management.openmbean.SimpleType(name=java.lang.String)),
>>> (itemName=JMSDeliveryMode,itemType=javax.management.openmbean.SimpleT.................
>>>
>>> Any information appreciated.
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.