Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2013/01/17 17:36:10 UTC

removing the Japanese and Portuguese variants of our user docs

Every couple years we wonder whether we should continue to publish the
unmaintained Japanese and Portuguese variants of our user docs. At this
point, these variants look so out-of-date to me that I recommend
removing them from our website and our future release distributions. We
can leave them in the docs svn repository in case someone wants to dust
them off and bring them up-to-date.

I volunteer to do the work of removing them from the website and from
the release generation process on the trunk. Does anyone object? Does
anyone see a compelling reason to continue publishing these variants?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: removing the Japanese and Portuguese variants of our user docs

Posted by Me <m....@gmail.com>.

On Jan 17, 2013, at 5:36 PM, Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Every couple years we wonder whether we should continue to publish the unmaintained Japanese and Portuguese variants of our user docs. At this point, these variants look so out-of-date to me that I recommend removing them from our website and our future release distributions. We can leave them in the docs svn repository in case someone wants to dust them off and bring them up-to-date.
>
> I volunteer to do the work of removing them from the website and from the release generation process on the trunk. Does anyone object? Does anyone see a compelling reason to continue publishing these variants?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

+1 to removing them.
      In fact, I think we only should have released them with the last release where they were updated...

Re: removing the Japanese and Portuguese variants of our user docs

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
Both the Japanese and Portuguese manuals seem to have been published for
Derby 10.2 and not updated since then. Currently the Portuguese manuals
are linked to both from 10.2 and the Latest Alpha Manuals. The Japanese
ones are linked to only from the Latest Alpha Manuals. It might make
sense to have links to both sets under the 10.2 manuals and nowhere else.

Kim

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.

--
Knut Anders