Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Branham, Jeremy [HR]" <Je...@sprint.com> on 2013/10/11 17:24:48 UTC

SOLR Cloud on JBOSS

Hello -

This wiki page is gone - https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud%20using%20Jboss

I have been able to configure an external instance of Zookeeper, and an instance of SOLR in JBOSS..
But I am unsure how to point my SOLR instance to the ZK instance and upload the configuration.

All the examples I have found, show using script parameters to start SOLR rather than using a container like JBOSS.

Thanks!

Jeremy D. Branham
Performance Technologist II
Sprint University Performance Support
Fort Worth, TX | Tel: **DOTNET
http://JeremyBranham.Wordpress.com<http://jeremybranham.wordpress.com/>
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremybranham

________________________________

This e-mail may contain Sprint proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

Re: SOLR Cloud on JBOSS

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/11/2013 9:24 AM, Branham, Jeremy [HR] wrote:
> This wiki page is gone - https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud%20using%20Jboss
>
> I have been able to configure an external instance of Zookeeper, and an instance of SOLR in JBOSS..
> But I am unsure how to point my SOLR instance to the ZK instance and upload the configuration.
>
> All the examples I have found, show using script parameters to start SOLR rather than using a container like JBOSS.

With version 4.4.0, you can put the zkHost parameter required to turn
SolrCloud mode on in your solr.xml file.  This is the case whether you
use the new solr.xml format or the old solr.xml format.  With versions
4.3.0 and older (which can only use the old solr.xml format), there was
a bug that prevented this parameter from working correctly in solr.xml.

Alternatively, you can use whatever mechanism JBoss provides for setting
java system properties to set the zkHost parameter.

As for uploading configurations, I strongly recommend that you do not do
this with startup parameters, but rather do it with the command-line
zookeeper utility.  The example includes scripts for using this utility,
but those scripts rely pretty heavily on the example jetty.  Here's a
reference that shows how to use it directly, but you must know where
JBoss extracted the war file so you can use the correct classpath argument:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Command+Line+Utilities

Thanks,
Shawn