Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2017/07/04 08:06:52 UTC

Better documentation on how to contribute

Hi all,

our current community page is not very detailed and leaves many
questions open for contributors.

I described now how to add issues, create pull requests and apply pull
requests. Please review the changes and comment or improve the
documentation.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/site/trunk/src/main/webapp/community.html

Btw. We also need some documentation on how to edit the karaf site and
manual. I do not know how to actually update the website. I would be
happy about any pointers .. or ideally documentation on the community page.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Better documentation on how to contribute

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

IMHO, the pull request review section can be updated, I will update it.

The website simply uses scm-publish:

mvn intall scm-publish:publish-scm

will publish the website.

I will update the README on the website.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Better documentation on how to contribute

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I updated the instructions and publish the website.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Better documentation on how to contribute

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org