Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pieter Temmerman <pt...@sadiel.es> on 2008/11/27 12:23:36 UTC

Exception in thread

Hi All,

I experienced a problem with Tomcat where all applications where
inaccessible. (Tomcat just hung, no 404 errors where given or
something).
The only thing that I think could be related to the problem is listed
below.

Exception in thread "TP-Processor15" Exception in thread
"Cluster-MembershipSender" Exception in thread
"Cluster-MembershipReceiver"
26 nov 2008 17:12:29,010 : [DEBUG]
es.ja.sae.ail.mediadoresEquipos.dao.hibernate.AccesoWebDAO () - buscando
el elemento AccesoWeb con propiedad: acceso, valor:
v6uSMdkSmTWkdssPyk7WL7hv2iKNoOz6
Exception in thread "TP-Processor2" Exception in thread
"ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]"
26 nov 2008 17:13:34,138 : [DEBUG]
es.ja.sae.ail.mediadoresEquipos.dao.hibernate.AccesoWebDAO () - buscando
el elemento AccesoWeb con propiedad: acceso, valor:
4SpzXHGwTTgXyzIHVxQWiFVPP0GbFlcm
Exception in thread "TP-Processor5" Exception in thread
"http-8080-Processor22" Exception in thread "http-8080-Processor24"

I'm not the programmer/owner of the applications running on Tomcat, so I
I'm not in the position to give any answers to application related
questions. The thing is that I have the same applications running on
another Tomcat instance, and there I see no problem at all.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Exception in thread

Posted by Christian Poecher <ch...@mailinator.com>.

Pieter Temmerman-2 wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> That's what I was afraid of.
> The only thing listed in the logs was what I posted.
> No stacktrace, nor name of the exception.
> I'll try to bump up the logging level, and hope this error occurs again
> in a reasonable amount of time (it's been working for the whole day
> until now)

If everything fails, you can also restart Tomcat in Debug Mode. As soon as
the application becomes unresponsive you can attach a Debugger, pause
execution and look into the method execution stack of the threads. Just be
aware that the debug mode is eating your performance quite well...

HTH,
Chris

Re: Exception in thread

Posted by Pieter Temmerman <pt...@sadiel.es>.