Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by To...@medvantis.de on 2001/11/23 09:31:53 UTC

XTags: Passing non String Parameters to a Stylesheet?

Hi,

is there a way with XTags to pass non String values as parameters to a
stylesheet, e.g. the response object to encode generated links?

<xtags:style xsl="a.xsl" xml="b.xsl" >
        <xtags:param name="response"><%=response%></xtags:param> does not
work
        <xtags:param name="response" value="{$response}"/> does not work
either

        <xtags:param name="response" value="{$response}"
type="javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse"/> would be needed?
</xtags:style>

Thanks -- Tobias

Re: XTags: Passing non String Parameters to a Stylesheet?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Tobias

The parameters values were Stirngs. I've just patched the code so that any
object can be passed in to the XSLT engine. This fix will make it into the
next nightly build.

Though whether the XSLT engine is capable of using other types of
parameters, such as HttpServletResponse, is questionable. Certainly handling
DOM Nodes or Numbers is possible. In what way to you want the XSLT engine to
use the HttpServletResponse?

BTW the standard tag library, JSTL, now has XML tags which are based heavily
on XTags and will ultimately will supercede them. It could well be worth
taking a look at them; the original XTags design has been refined somewhat
in the JSTL XML tags.

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html

James