Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aziz <az...@rogers.com> on 2003/09/07 21:08:20 UTC

Tomcate and Windows XP Question

Hi there,

I installed Tomcate 5.0.9 on Windows XP Home edition.
It seems the Tomcate starts sucessfully, but when I browse to http://127.0.0.1:8080, I get error message saying
      The page cannot be displayed
      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Here is what I did:

1) I download and Install a Java Development Kit  JDK1.3.1 an dinstalled it to C:\JDK1.3.1
2) I download and Installed the Tomcat 5 Binary Distribution to C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9
3) I have set the following environment variables
    a: set variable JAVA_HOME to value: C:\JDK1.3.1
    b: set variable CATALINA_HOME to value: C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9
   c: set variable JASPER_HOME to value: C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9
   d: set variable tomcat_home to value: C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9
   e: I added C:\JDK1.3.1;C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9; to the Path variable
4) Start Up Tomcat 5 I the DOS window show the folloiwng:
             [INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HT
             [INFO] Catalina - -Initialization processed in
             [INFO] StandardService - -Starting service Cata
             [INFO] StandardEngine - -Starting Servlet Engin
             [INFO] StandardHost - -Create Host deployer for
             [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Processing Conte
              \jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9\conf\Catalina\localhost\m
            [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Processing Conte
             \jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9\conf\Catalina\localhost\a
            [INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing
            LocalStrings', returnNull=true
            [INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing
            n.ActionResources', returnNull=true
            [INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing
            .ApplicationResources', returnNull=true
           [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installing web a
           ets-examples from URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.
           [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installing web a
           URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9\webapps\ROOT
          [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installing web a
          xamples from URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9\w
          [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installing web a
          t-docs from URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9\we
          [INFO] Http11Protocol - -Starting Coyote HTTP/1
          [INFO] ChannelSocket - -JK2: ajp13 listening on
          [INFO] JkMain - -Jk running ID=0 time=0/31  con
          jk2.properties
          [INFO] Catalina - -Server startup in 5218 ms

I will appreacite If anyone can tell me what else shoud I do to run Tomcat on Windows XP Home edition.

Thank You

Az

Re: Tomcate and Windows XP Question

Posted by Yann C�bron <ya...@yahoo.de>.
>I installed Tomcate 5.0.9 on Windows XP Home edition.
>It seems the Tomcate starts sucessfully, but when I browse to
http://127.0.0.1:8080, I get error message saying
>      The page cannot be displayed
>      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
cannot be displayed.

>Here is what I did:

<snip/>

This looks allright

Seems like you're having a network/proxy configuration problem.