Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Marco Spinetti <m....@pisa.iol.it> on 2008/02/07 15:21:38 UTC

Pool child

I have a question about the pool of the child r->pool.
I'm using apache 2.2 with prefork and I set MaxRequestsPerChild 0 (so a
child should never dies).
When my handler starts, I alloc all my needed memory from r->pool.
When the handler finishes, the memory allocated from r->pool is free or not?
Because the child never dies, I'd like to know if I have to free
something or not.
Best regards

Marco

RE: Pool child

Posted by Peter Belau <pe...@anchorfree.com>.

In my understanding r->pool lasts the duration of the request. As soon as the request is finished the memory should be marked for cleanup.