Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by David Bau <da...@bea.com> on 2003/09/16 21:17:02 UTC

Re: [xmlbeans-dev] RE: Patch for Unicode-Build-Bug

Yup.  The reason to use a custom regex package is that the regular
expression language defined by XML schema is similar, but not exactly the
same, as "ordinary perl" regular expressions.

The xerces regex package implements the schema syntax exactly with their "x"
option - until the JDK has schema-compatible regex's builtin, we need to
have our own regex impl.

David