Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net> on 2006/12/06 12:47:07 UTC

Complicated Problem involving Web Service passthrough

Hello,

I posted this question on the user list but it couldn't be solved there so I
post it again here since the docs clearly state question on this subject can
be posted here as well.
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/http-transport.html.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

We run apache httpd partially as a proxy to a tomcat server. We do this with
the mod_jk plug-in which works fine for normal web apps.
But now we also need to route Web Services through httpd to the tomcat
server which does not work.

In the acces log of httpd I find this entry for the web service call:

"POST http://192.168.200.194:8080/axis2/services/binarytest HTTP/1.1" 413
1798 "-" "Axis2"

A normal call to a web app (which works) looks like this:

"POST /gvrechner/gvBetrieb.do HTTP/1.1" 200 20347
"http://my.proxy.de/gvrechner/init.do" "Mozilla/5.0

In the stub of my Web Service client I have these proxy settings:

Options options = new Options();
options.setProperty
(Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_MTOM,Constants.VALUE_TRUE);
options.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.CACHE_ATTACHMENTS,
    Constants.VALUE_TRUE);
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CHUNKED, Boolean.TRUE);
long soTimeout = 2 * 60 * 1000;
options.setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(soTimeout);
HttpTransportProperties.ProxyProperties proxyProperties =
new HttpTransportProperties.ProxyProperties();

proxyProperties.setProxyName("my.proxy.de");
proxyProperties.setDomain("anonymous");
proxyProperties.setUserName("anonymous");
proxyProperties.setPassWord("anonymous");
proxyProperties.setProxyPort(80);
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.PROXY, proxyProperties);
options.setTo(new
EndpointReference("http://192.168.200.194:8080/axis2/services/binarytest"));
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.PROXY, proxyProperties);
_serviceClient.setOptions(options);

Exceptions I get are the usual java.net.SocketTimeoutExceptions.

How is this done the right way? Is there a tutorial on this somewhere?
Where could the problem be located?

Versions: httpd 2.0.40, jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9, axis 2.

Cheers,
Pete

AW: Complicated Problem involving Web Service passthrough

Posted by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

I'm still stuck with my problem. I suppose the
java.net.SocketTimeoutException is not the real reason that the web
Service fails. But the problem is I don't see any way to find the real
reason.

Is it possible that this is a bug in my axis version or in mod_jk or is
it rather port related?

Cheers,
Pete

Posted by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net>.