Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Salman Toor <sa...@it.uu.se> on 2013/11/15 18:54:20 UTC

C++ code with pipes and CLapack Libraries

Hi,

I am trying to run my C++ code using hadoop-1.2.1. I am using pipes. The code requires to access CLAPACK libraries. My test setup is based on single node. CLAPECK is installed on that node. Everything compiles without any problem but the when I run a job the maper hangs first and than failed. In the log files, there is no error messages. The only message I can see is

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Tesk: Communication exception: org.api.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: JvmValidate Failed. Ignoring request from task

Without CLAPACK everything works fine.

I have also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my application.xml file

<property>
<name>mapred.child.env</name>
<value>"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib:/home/my/CLAPACK-3.2.1"</value>
</property>

But no effect. Can some please give me some hint or redirect me to some link where I can learn how to use external libraries.

/Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD
salman.toor@it.uu.se

Re: C++ code with pipes and CLapack Libraries

Posted by Salman Toor <sa...@it.uu.se>.
Seems like no one has encountered this problem. Ok will keep trying to solve this issue.

Regards..
Salman.

Posted by Salman Toor <sa...@it.uu.se>.

Posted by Salman Toor <sa...@it.uu.se>.