Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net> on 2005/11/08 20:43:29 UTC

XSLT Param from ANT Property.

I'm using ANT 1.6.5; Java 1.5.0_04; Win 2000 sp4.

I'm using the XSLT task from within ANT; and can't seem to get the
<param ... /> parameter to work as it seems it should.  After trying to
look it up I haven't been able to find anything useful in explaining
it.  Basically I have:

<xslt in="Input.xml"
            out="Output.xml"
            style="Transform.xsl">

            <!-- the inputs are from the "version.properties" file
created in the "init" task. -->
            <param name="variable1" expression="${props.prop1}"/>
            <param name="variable2" expression="${props.prop2}"/>

        </xslt>

When I open the output xml; the params have been set to the strings
"props.prop1" and "props.prop2" instead of the runtime values.  Am I
doing something wrong?  Any help would be very useful.

Thanks.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist

Re: XSLT Param from ANT Property.

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
> Ok, I think the issue was that I had fixed my ANT file (which had been
> setting the param incorrectly) but there was some kind of up-to-date
> check, and since neither the source XML nor the XSLT files had changed
> the output xml wasn't getting regenerated.

Right. <xslt> does a timestamp check. Use the force attribute to bypass it. --DD

Re: XSLT Param from ANT Property.

Posted by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net>.

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.