Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/03/15 17:40:44 UTC

Compiling JCR

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the  JCR block and followed the instructions
in  src/blocks/jcr/readme.txt.  However,  build fails  complaining
that it cannot find JCR classes.  So I moved lib/local/jcr-1.0.jar
to lib/core and it works...  until the « validate-jars » task that
is failing in turn because this JAR is not in jars.xml.

So I move the lib back to lib/local, and everything's fine.

Any input will be appreciated.
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Re: Compiling JCR

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 15 mars 06 à 17:40, Jean-Baptiste Quenot a écrit :

> ...it works...  until the « validate-jars » task that
> is failing in turn because this JAR is not in jars.xml...

IIRC you can deactivate validate-jars with an option in (local.)
build.properties

-Bertrand

Re: Compiling JCR

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Carsten Ziegeler:
> Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
> >
> > I'm trying to compile the  JCR block and followed the instructions
> > in  src/blocks/jcr/readme.txt.  However,  build fails  complaining
> > that it cannot find JCR classes.
> >
> Should be fixed now - the problem was that only jars in lib/optional
> where used for the classpath to build a block. I extended this to search
> for jars in lib/local.

Thank you Carsten, I was not probably looking at the right place
in the Ant build files...
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/

Re: Compiling JCR

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile the  JCR block and followed the instructions
> in  src/blocks/jcr/readme.txt.  However,  build fails  complaining
> that it cannot find JCR classes.  So I moved lib/local/jcr-1.0.jar
> to lib/core and it works...  until the « validate-jars » task that
> is failing in turn because this JAR is not in jars.xml.
>
> So I move the lib back to lib/local, and everything's fine.
>
> Any input will be appreciated.
Should be fixed now - the problem was that only jars in lib/optional
where used for the classpath to build a block. I extended this to search
for jars in lib/local.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/