Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com> on 2009/06/15 03:15:34 UTC

split test?

Do we have a split test that test to know what the mid key is vs what's
I have some regions that have 1kb in size and others that are 1.3GB
saying the end key and mid key are the same and they should not be based on
my import data should
be some what small per key maybe a few kb per key.

So I thank we have a problem with the mid key function.

Billy

Re: split test?

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

There _are_ tests and they _do_ pass.  From the cursory verifications in
them, splits work.

Manual testing have revealed that our tests aren't complete (surprise).

There is a fix in 1513, which will get submitted to trunk soon, tonight or
tomorrow.

This bug in particular is due to one half of the split getting all the data,
not just it's own half.  Your installation is corrupt and that table needs
to be dropped to be rebuilt correctly.

-ryan

Re: split test?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.