Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Teresa Kan <tc...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 19:35:45 UTC

question about the message text

I saw the following message text  in the
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats.localizer.properties:

oid-not-joinable: Field "*{0}*" embedded within object id field "*{1}*"
cannot be a primary key value. Its mapping does not it to be a join target.

I think there are some missing words in the last sentence. Can anyone tell
me what is it ? Will it be like this: :"Its mapping does not support it to
be a join target" ???

Thanks,
Teresa

Re: question about the message text

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Yes, there are quite a number of no-longer-used localization messages.
IntelliJ does a great job of indexing and linking up localization
messages, so I see these whenever I look at our localized files.

It would be nice to clean these up at some point.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: question about the message text

Posted by Teresa Kan <tc...@gmail.com>.
Craig,

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Teresa,

I believe that the message is supposed to read "Its mapping does not
allow it to be a join target".

The message could be the result of trying to map a field of an
embedded instance as a primary key.

If you post your annotated class and/or .orm file you might get a
better answer...

Craig

On Jul 31, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Teresa Kan wrote:

> I saw the following message text  in the
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats.localizer.properties:
>
> oid-not-joinable: Field "*{0}*" embedded within object id field "*
> {1}*"
> cannot be a primary key value. Its mapping does not it to be a join
> target.
>
> I think there are some missing words in the last sentence. Can
> anyone tell
> me what is it ? Will it be like this: :"Its mapping does not
> support it to
> be a join target" ???
>
> Thanks,
> Teresa