Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/09 15:36:31 UTC

BookKeeper usecases webpage

I see on this page that we are saying that BK has some usecases
https://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/4.7.1/overview/overview/

We are citing HDFS namenode, but I think this information is a bit
"outdated".

Maybe we can change it, citing DistributedLog/Twitter Manhattan.
I could also city my 'small' projects like Majordodo.org or HerdDB.org
which are using BK as pure WAL.

Thoughts ?

Enrico

Re: BookKeeper usecases webpage

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il lun 9 lug 2018, 22:20 Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> +1 for updating that. It might be good to keep hdfs there and add twitter
> manhattan (links to the blog post) and herdb

awesome.
Okay for keeping HDFS
I will send a patch

We should also fix README which seems outdated (see today slack messages
onn dev)

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli