Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Simon Chemouil <sc...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/02 09:48:18 UTC

Re: Performance migrating from MySQL to C*

Hello DuyHai,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately having one 'metricType' field or
storing each metric in different partitions is roughly the same for us
if we have to "merge" them on the timestamp client-side. Your solution
can reduce the number of queries which is practical but we might get
queries that request values1 and values10 of different metric types, and
force us to read values2 and values9 which are within the same requested
maps (e.g, retrieve values we're not interested in).

I understood how the IN clause worked, but are you saying that it's
better for us to avoid using it too much so that we can control the
"rate" of queries?
How best can we know how much queries Cassandra is ready to handle so
that we don't send them either too fast or too slow?

Thanks again for your help!
Simon