Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 08:13:29 UTC

[classlib] internationalization and new patches

We have recently starting internationalization of existing modules
(thanks to all people involved!)

Now when we submit new patches and apply old ones let's make sure that
we don't break internationalization for the modules that were already
internationalized!

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: [classlib] internationalization and new patches

Posted by Ilya Okomin <il...@gmail.com>.
On 9/6/06, Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ilya Okomin wrote:
> > When I dealt with nio_char module I found that some messages were
> already
> > marked with non-nls tag.
> > (e.g. java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoder)
> > These messages aren't described in the spec.
> > Is there any reason to left them as is without internationalization?
> Specific to CharsetDecoder.replaceWith(), I don't believe there is any
> reason not to i18n the exception messages, I guess it was marked
> "non-nls" by mistake, or just because the developer didn't like to see
> the warning message;-). Please go ahead and provide patch for it.

I have the same meaning and going to make an update patch for these
messages.

Thanks,
Ilya.

> > Thanks,
> > Ilya.
> >
> > [SNIP]
> >

> --
> Paulex Yang
> China Software Development Lab
> IBM

Ilya Okomin
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib] internationalization and new patches

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Okomin <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Okomin <il...@gmail.com>.