Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Luis Mariano Luporini <ll...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/28 23:24:10 UTC

Guidelines for introducing changes in business logic (Contract-First approach)

Hi:

       I'm working on a few WSs at this moment on Axis2 1.2 on Linux.

       I'm starting from WSDL generated by my own.

       I've used the following command to auto-generate the code for on
of my services:

       wsdl2java.sh -uri /tmp/FirstService.wsdl -p
org.example.ws.FirstService -d adb -s -wv 1.2 -sd -ss -ssi

       Everything went just fine.

       Next I did some modifications to the file:
./src/org/example/ws/firstservice/FirstServiceSkeleton.java which
implements FirstServiceSkeletonIterface. Compiled and packed my service,
deployed it and tested it successfully.

       Now I want to introduce some changes in my WSDL file and
regenerate axis2 auto generated code for my service.

       At this point I can delete the next files:

      1)
./src/org/example/ws/firstservice/FirstServiceSkeletonInterface.java
      2)
./src/org/example/ws/firstservice/FirstServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java

       And then rerun wsdl2java.sh as above.

       With this I end up getting all the changes introduced in my WSDL
all over the axis2 auto-generated code, which is also right.

       Finally, I'd alter the file
./src/org/example/ws/firstservice/FirstServiceSkeleton.java to reflect
the new features / changes as written by wsdl2java in
FirstServiceSkeletonInterface.java.

       Is this the expected way of maintaining a service server code or
am I missing something? Is there a better approach?

       Thanks in advance.

Regrets,

Luis