Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sony6317 <sg...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/24 08:28:44 UTC

Recording a pdf file using jmeter

Hi All,

I am trying to record a pdf link.. when i click on the link it opens a pdf
document on the next window. but when am trying to record the same using
jmeter when i click on the link am getting logged out, its not because of
session time out. pls letme know if jmeter supports recording such
activities. for now am using bad boy to record pdf.. but pls tell me how to
record  using jmeter.

Thanks inadvance.

Sony

Re: Recording a pdf file using jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/12/2008, sony6317 <sg...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  I am trying to record a pdf link.. when i click on the link it opens a pdf
>  document on the next window. but when am trying to record the same using
>  jmeter when i click on the link am getting logged out, its not because of
>  session time out. pls letme know if jmeter supports recording such
>  activities. for now am using bad boy to record pdf.. but pls tell me how to
>  record  using jmeter.

AFAIK, JMeter can record such sessions. It does not care whether the
URL points to an HTML page or a PDF file, it just records what the
browser sends.

However it cannot record HTTPS.

Look in the jmeter log file in case there are any errors.