Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Hu...@dlr.de on 2016/09/21 05:41:22 UTC

RE: Support for tasks groups aka pods in Mesos

Hi,
Very cool feature.
I’ve seen some recent changes (MESOS-6096<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-6096>) in the mesos-execute cli supporting grouped tasks which spawns the task-group on an arbitrary or specified agent node. Tested this yesterday and it works great.  But if the task group holds a lot of one-off tasks (let’s say 50 tasks each 4 cores,…) how could one achieve that  tasks are evenly distributed over several agents, depending on free resources? Don’t know if this is referred to pods, but do you think mesos-execute will support this?

Currently I’m using chronos & cook for batch scheduling, but I’d  like to achieve that every batch/group of  tasks runs in its own temporary framework like it does with mesos-execute

Thanks in advance & kind regards,
Hubert

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center

German Remote Sensing Data Center | International Ground Segment | Oberpfaffenhofen | 82234 Wessling | Germany

Hubert Asamer
phone  +49 (0) 8153 28-2894 | fax +49 (0) 8153 28-1443 | hubert.asamer@dlr.de<ma...@dlr.de>
www.DLR.de/eoc<http://www.dlr.de/eoc>

Posted by Guangya Liu <gy...@gmail.com>.