Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Chirag Aggarwal <Ch...@guavus.com> on 2014/12/18 12:07:45 UTC

create table in yarn-cluster mode vs yarn-client mode

Hi,

I have a simple app, where I am trying to create a table. I am able to create the table on running app in yarn-client mode, but not with yarn-cluster mode.
Is this some known issue? Has this already been fixed?

Please note that I am using spark-1.1 over hadoop-2.4.0

App:
-----
import org.apache.spark.{SparkConf, SparkContext}
import org.apache.spark.sql._
import org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext

object HiveSpark {
    case class Record(key: Int, value: String)
        def main(args: Array[String]) {
            val sparkConf = new SparkConf().setAppName("HiveSpark")
            val sc = new SparkContext(sparkConf)

        val hiveContext = new HiveContext(sc)
        import hiveContext._

        hql("use ttt")
        hql("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS src (key INT, value STRING)")

        sc.stop()
    }
}

Thanks,