Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Sewe <se...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2010/02/22 17:36:01 UTC

Maven-invoker-plugin: reactor build order in multi-module build

Hi all,

I have an couple of integration tests ("it-with-a" and "it-with-b") run
using the maven-invoker-plugin. Each of these integration tests depends
on some dependencies of their own ("a" and "b", respectively).

Unfortunately, Maven does not consider these dependencies when
determining the reactor build order during a multi-module build:

aggregator

+--a

+--b

\--module

    +--src/it

       +--it-with-a

       \--it-with-b

Even though "it-with-a" depends on module "a" and "it-with-b" depends on
module "b", Maven happily chooses a build order of "module", "a", "b".
Of course, this could be solved by making "module" itself depend on both
"a" and "b". Alas, this is not possible. I cannot have "a" and "b" on
the classpath at the same time (the two modules build two versions of
the same project; this results in name clashes).

Is there a way to overcome this problem?

FWIW, the maven-failsafe-plugin doesn't help; I would need to "test"
classpaths: on with "a" and one with "b". :-(

Best wishes,

Andreas Sewe